Thursday, June 25, 2015

Good Article

    Two years ago this month (I don't remember the date), God began transforming me from someone who knew about Him into someone who longed to actually know Him. My sister gave me a copy of Radical by David Platt. Reading that book was what God used to change my entire perception of what it meant to follow Jesus.

    Anyhow, I read the book, and I just kinda sat on it for a few days, letting everything turn over and over in my mind. I was pretty moody those few days, and I remember finally one day, both my parents and my brother were both gone and I was home alone. It was one of those stormy days that makes me stop and look out the window for a while. As I was home alone though, my brother sent me an email with a link to a blog.

    I'm not sure what made him send it to me that day, but it smacked me across the face. It was the last straw. I remember breaking down and crying, staring out the window, after reading the email, struck by the enormity of how selfish and faithless my Christianity was, and just how far off I was from actually following Jesus.

    That was the evening I spent down at my thinking spot (a little pond in the back of my neighborhood in the woods where I go to think when I have a problem), with rain pouring down on me. That was the evening I finally told Jesus that I was going to follow Him. Not that I just merely believed He existed and that I wanted to go to heaven when I died, but that I would follow Him.

    So, that said, I hope this article makes an impact on you as well.

    http://www.aholyexperience.com/2013/06/a-letter-to-the-north-american-church-because-it-is-time/

1 comment: