Thursday, April 23, 2015

Good Quote

    Many times, I find myself struggling with actually doing what I know is right. Yeah, I know things are wrong, but that doesn't mean I always try to resist as hard as I should. Yeah, I know I ought to do some things more, but that doesn't mean I always try as hard as I should. I think this quote from David Platt sums up exactly what my greatest fear in life is.

    “My biggest fear, even now, is that I will hear Jesus' words and walk away, content to settle for less than radical obedience to Him. ”

    Let's practice what we claim to believe, people. It's so tempting, so very tempting, to be satisfied with accepted practices and cultural norms rather than Jesus Christ. It is so much easier to walk around with the name Christian stenciled on my chest while living a life no different from anyone around me. Let's not walk away from Jesus feeling good about ourselves, let's walk away realizing our need and dependence on God and our sacred calling to make Him known!

No comments:

Post a Comment