Thursday, January 1, 2015

Update

    This is a quick apology/warning for the lack of posts in the past two weeks and for the next two weeks. These last two weeks I have spent in Georgia with my family for Christmas. I get back to Texas on the 4th, then promptly leave on a missions trip to Malawi, Africa, on the 7th. Thus, since I will have no electricity in Africa, I will obviously not be posting.

    That said, I would really appreciate your prayers. I have several hours of teaching to finish preparing, many hours of flying and traveling to and throughout the country, several evangelistic outreaches there, and a good risk of malaria. I have been struggling with colds and the flu this year more than any other year of my life, and now is no exception. I have fighting a cold for the last week, something I certainly don't want before having to speak for hours in front of people.

    Please pray for the Holy Spirit to use me simply to point people to Jesus Christ. Without that, I am a failure, no matter how well prepared I was or beautifully I presented it. It has been difficult preparing the first of my lessons, since it is addressed to a people in a culture I am utterly foreign to. Please pray for me for these things: 1.) Holy Spirit would speak through me, 2.) I be attentive to what God is telling me and trying to teach me, 3.) I would have safe travels both going there and traveling throughout, 4.) my health would keep me strong and resistant to malaria.

1 comment:

  1. Will definitely be praying for you. Be sure to tell us all about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete