Sunday, October 5, 2014

So, What's with the Name?

     "Moreover, but the law entered, that the offense might abound. But where sin did abound, there grace did much more abound." 

     To me, this verse sums up my position in Christ. Where my sin, my effort, my achievement, my failure did abound, there did Christ's righteousness, Christ's achievement, Christ's success abound.

     This blog is a journal of my pursuit to know Jesus Christ (Phil. 3:10). This is an archive of my success and failure along the road of following him. Hopefully, this blog will bless someone and help them along their own path.

     In answer to the question I asked in the title, the name of this blog is there to constantly remind me of what Christ did for me. That will be the focus of much of what I write. Christians can read about lots of rules, regulations, do's and don't's, and so on anywhere, but what I believe Christians need the most is a constant reminder of what Jesus did.

     Comments are welcome and appreciated. If you can help me along my own path, please do so!


3 comments:

  1. 2 things: 1.) You never said what the verse's reference was, and 2.). Is the blog name still a good reminder? Or has it's reminder worn off? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1.) Rom. 5:20
      2.) I hope it still is. That's in the eyes of the viewers, not me. That verse is still incredibly meaningful and beautiful to me (in fact, I might right a post about it at some point, when I've gone through the ideas I already have).

      Delete
  2. 1.) Rom. 5:20
    2.) I hope it still is. That's in the eyes of the viewers, not me. That verse is still incredibly meaningful and beautiful to me (in fact, I might right a post about it at some point, when I've gone through the ideas I already have).

    ReplyDelete